Projects for British Petroleum
In 2005, I completed a substantial telecoms cost-cutting exercise for BP, covering all their telecommunications in the UK. Significant savings have been achieved.
In addition to this recent work with BP, I worked under several contracts with BT Syncordia and MCI Worldcom in the period 1996-2001, covering several dozen major and minor projects for British Petroleum and BP Exploration. Some of these on which I was the Project Leader were:
- A five-year Telecommunications Strategy for BP Exploration in the UK.
- Project Management of the temporary telecoms for the ETAP platform during construction at Methil and Wallsend
- North Sea Fibre Business Case
- Writing the Tender for the trans-North Sea ATM network (BP Norge, Stavanger)
- Baku (Azerbaijan) PBX Upgrade
- Documenting the BP UK Voice Network, and confirming Y2K compliance
- Project Management of the first Hicom PBX Installation at BP Sunbury, and connection of Buildings A and C (2000 lines, team of 6 people)
- Migration of the telecoms for 29 BP Offices in Northern Europe to Worldcom management
- Tendering and Project Management for the telecoms for the BP Aberdeen Emergency Response Centre
- Design of the BP Sunbury Telephone Extension 5-Digit Numbering Scheme