In telecoms and IT, it's essential to keep up to date with evolving technology. As you can see below, I have worked fairly hard at this.
I'm fully conversant with installing, configuring and maintaining the following:
- PCs, Desktops, Laptops, Servers and accessories
- Datacoms: structured cabling, routers, hubs, switches, firewalls, modems, cable modems, ADSL, ISDN, Wireless LAN (products from Cisco, Netgear, 3Com, Checkpoint, Juniper and others).
- PBXs: Panasonic KX-TA, KX-TD, Siemens Hicom 150,300, Mitel SX-2000
- Electronic test equipment, UPSs
I was the principal authors of the Technical Specification for the Computer Networks for the City Academies (the next generation of UK State Secondary Schools).
I have in-depth experience of installing and managing computer networks running the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows (Server 2008R2, and all previous versions)
- Microsoft Exchange Server (2010 and earlier)
- Linux (Fedora Core 2, Red Hat 9 etc.)
- Novell Netware
- Apple OSX
- Microsoft Office incl MS Project and Visio. Excel macros.
- Dreamweaver MX, Front Page, HTML, ASP
- Chartered Engineer, MIET, MBCS
- ITIL v3, PRINCE2
- I have ready access to Associates with Microsoft MCSE and Cisco CCNA, whom I can call on as required.
The engine for this site was written in-house in ASP, using Dreamweaver. I also host websites for the Cambridge Inline Hockey Club and the National Skater Hockey League using the same engine. Day-to-day online updating of the calendar, news and results entry is fully delegated online to Club and League officials.